To develop a clinical trial for the Oral Cytology Global Network (OCGN) focusing on early diagnosis of potentially malignant /high risk oral mucosal lesions (WHO definition: SIN III) and malignant lesions, including:
- the establishment of the research team;
- the development of tools for data management and oversight of the research; the development of a trial design and other essential elements of the study, such as the protocol, recruitment strategies, and procedure manuals; and
- to collect feasibility data.
Planning and Delivery
NIH Grant Applications:
- NIDCR Clinical Trial or Biomarker Clinical Evaluation Study Planning Grant (R34)
- Clinical Trial Implementation Cooperative Agreement (U01)
- Collective capacity built by consolidation of local resources
- Increased scientific knowledge and capacity in Individual institutions in four continents
- Low-cost instrument testing for early detection and prevention
- Comparable international data across urban and rural boundaries for research
- Model for skills transfer: looking at the various aspects of how to most effectively transfer the skill-sets along and efficient technical transferability to health care workers.
- Development of international collaborative model for early detection and prevention testing for other oral cancers.